Director of Respiratory Care
- Reno, NV
- Post Date:
- February 16, 2017
Under general direction of the RH Vice President and CNO, this position is responsible and accountable for planning, marketing, organizing and leading staff to assume accountability for decisions and actions in accordance with organizational goals.
The incumbent must function interdependently within the Acute Services Division, providing the opportunity and milieu for strategic direction and planning, establishing standards, establishing the budget, and monitoring operational performance.
Advanced leadership skills are required of the incumbent to develop comprehensive knowledge of the programs, services, processes, and growth of assigned areas.
The incumbent is accountable to foster the Renown Health System strategic plan.
This position faces the major challenges of fostering positive relationships between the physicians, the community, and the hospital for maintaining cost-effective and high-quality patient care; designing and teaching implementing quality, evidence based programs; complying with state, federal and governing body regulations; and working cooperatively with other departments to achieve hospital goals.
If the incumbent provides direct patient care, he/she is accountable for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric patients and families.
The incumbent demonstrates the ability to work with patient's physical, motor/sensory adaptation, cognitive, and psychosocial needs specific to the population being served, and meets standards of quality as measured by the unit/department age specific competency standards.
This position does provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Bachelor's degree in a health care or business field required within two years of acceptance of the job
- 5 years of health care experience in a position of increasing responsibility
- Active Registered Respiratory Therapist license in the State of Nevada required
- Current BLS certification by AHA required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc
To Apply for this position, please http://renown.contacthr.com/53250633